CCD Barcode Scanner also called Linear image barcode scanner ,the imaging sensor which include 1500 pixel and 2500 pixel.
CCD barcode scanner use an array of hundreds of tiny light sensors lined up in a row in the head of the reader. Each sensor measures the intensity of the light immediately in front of it. Each individual light sensor in the CCD reader is extremely small and because there are hundreds of sensors lined up in a row, a voltage pattern identical to the pattern in a bar code is generated in the reader by sequentially measuring the voltages across each sensor in the row. The important difference between a CCD reader and a pen or laser scanner is that the CCD reader is measuring emitted ambient light from the bar code whereas pen or laser scanners are measuring reflected light of a specific frequency originating from the scanner itself.
In the 1990s, the development of the CCD (charge coupled device) led to the creation of linear imager technology. By 2007, CCD linear scanners were successfully competing with lasers in the marketplace.
In the CCD linear imager, an LED is used to illuminate the barcode, and tiny CCD sensors are aligned in a single row to read and decode the light reflected off linear barcodes. The device is like a camera that takes pictures having just a single row of pixels. Being linear, these devices could not read 2D barcodes.
CCD linear imagers can still be a fine, economical choice if you’re looking for a single-purpose handheld scanner. However, rugged mobile computers tend to not come with this kind of scanner, and smartphones certainly don’t.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of CCD barcode scanner
• CCD scanners incorporate use of LED lights for illuminating the barcode. They last for about ten times longer than laser scanners.
• Unlike laser scanners, they do not have any moving parts. So, they are less susceptible to damage or failure. They are resistant to regular wear and tear.
• When you use a laser beam, it is necessary to follow certain safety precautions with respect to direct viewing. As they do not use any laser beams, they are not associated with any safety specifications.
• CCD scanners are inexpensive when compared to laser barcode scanners.
• They have a higher scanning rate than that of laser scanners.
We are developed 1500 pixel and 2500 pixel CCD scan module by ourself ,and aim to different markets .XB-9158 is our best selling CCD barcode scanner which the sales reach 20K in the second month after launched ,now we are working on 2500 pixel scan module and bluetooth CCD barcode scanner to meet different customers requirements.for more details of our products of CCD barcode scanner ,please contact our pre-sale engineer to choose the suitable products.